The ALAC-project will generate better scientific knowledge and a best practice -model of civil society activities in the anti-corruption coalition. With the focus on the Advocacy and Legal Advice Centres (ALACs) of Transparency International, the leading CSO against corruption, the research project aims at:
- enhancing civil society participation
- raising anti-corruption effectiveness
- developing the advocacy for legal change at the national and EU level.
Based on the insight that citizens participation and the values of integrity, accountability and transparency are crucial components of fighting corruption the project is designed to promote the ALACs both as a management tool of a bottom-up anti-corruption work and citizens participation mechanism.
The goal of developing an advanced ALAC-methodology as a new model for co-operation between citizens, CSOs and researchers is to meet the challenge of devising policies that raise the level of citizens participation and empowerment. Combining action-research and practical implementation the project itself designed as a process of organizational learning will have direct impact on the work of Transparency International and its partner organizations in Europe and all over the world.
Furthermore the empirical grounded theory of the practice of the anti-corruption coalition in different EU- and EU-affiliated countries, intended by the project, will establish an innovative paradigm for scientific research as well as for the design of all kinds of civil society actors and non-governmental organizations.
Transparency International e.V.
KWI - Kulturwissenschaftliches Institut
- Transparency Suomi Ry, FI
- Transparency International, Ceskarepublika Ops, CZ
- Transparency - Azerbaijan Anti-Corruption Public Association, AZ
- Transparency International Lietuvosskyrius, LT
- Asocoatia Romana Pentru Transparenta, RO
- The University of Warkwick, UK
- Transparency International Ltd., IE
- Transparency International Magyarorszag Alapitvany, HU
- Borba Protiv Korupcije Bosnia I Hercegovina
Prof. Dr. Dirk Tänzler
Research for Civil Society Organisations (CSOs)
Activity 5: The citizen in the European Union
Area: Diversities and commonalities in Europe
Democratic ‚ownership‘ and participation
[PDF - 126,5 kB]